Monday, July 09, 2012

How can this be outside my comfort zone?

Camping? Why would I not want to go camping? I've been camping, tent camping, since I was a baby in a stroller. But the logistics of our recent trip to the island were never clear to me. I was a skeptic. No more. Despite the mystical unpublished ferry schedule, the island experiencing a booming rat population explosion and the lack of coordination on gear (we had 3 camp stoves and really we needed one), we'd sail away camp again anytime. And on the rats, personally I'm thankful they never chewed their way into the tents.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

I prefer mice actually. Better to have too many stoves than not enough. But then again, open fire cooking can be a once in a lifetime activity.

Patty Hebert said...

I'm more accustomed to mice too. Open fire cooking wasn't allowed at the sites. But it is fun for everyone.