Thursday, September 06, 2012

Payment in Kind(ness)

Tammy, over at Happenings on the Hill, commented on yesterday's post that we are led to where we are suppose to be. To where we are to serve. To our place in life.

It's said the money makes the world go round. It's true, we all need it to live. But what I find interesting is monetarily some friends make what I gross in a year for one day's work.

Do I mind that I walked away from that much earning potential? I always knew I wouldn't line my pockets with this job. But seeing a cleared breakfast plate, and hearing the words, "It's just like New York. You better be careful or you will spoil us." is payment in kindness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad that you realize that you are appreciated so much more than you could be paid in dollars.

Unknown said...

I got a nice and unexpected email from the sister-in-law of a friend whose son committed suicide last year about this time. I had written an article and a blog post to commemorate the anniversary of his death. I was having a really crappy day and that email, together with a call from my friend thanking me for remembering her son, were the bright spots in my day. Sometimes the kindness is really what matters.

Patty Hebert said...

Tammy, I read your blog post. It is a lovely tribute to the family.