Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Excavation

We try to instill independence in our children. Make them responsible for their school work, cleaning their room, managing certain aspects of their schedule. Still a parent's hand comes in handy. And may even be required at certain times.

Yesterday, while my middle tornado was at Art of Living, I picked up her room. Disposing of a fairly full black trash bag of trash. No details necessary; especially if you have teens of your own.

And when I informed her of my foray into her space she asked, "Did you go in my closet?" Yes, I had. To which she exclaimed, "Great, it had gotten out of control and I didn't know what to do."

Lesson learned Mom. Even though they are just about grown, they still need input. Sometimes advice. Most times a ride, or the car keys. And occasionally to clean out their closet.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

Happy to hear a happy ending.

Our Lord works in mysterious ways.

Patty Hebert said...

It could have gone either way: happy for the assist or anger at the invasion. Glad for the happiness.