Monday, September 21, 2009

Ima Paige Turner

I have a coffee cup with Ima Paige Turner printed upon it. I bought it for me to remind me that, "Yes you are a writer, in good times and in bad." When people support your writing and when they don't. When they want to hire you and actually pay you and when they somehow forget you ever wrote for them. I've been using this cup lately, just to remind myself, yes you are a writer.

I have my first public reading for my book, Forever Yours, this coming Saturday, at Annie's Book Stop. It's a local haunt, but it's the place where my writing started to roll. The place where I joyfully announced my first article being accepted in the TAB and then when I finally got into the Globe. Tucked among the cases of books, I labored over a few Metrowest articles while sipping some of Paul's great coffee. It was there I handed over my eleven years in the making baby novel to my writer friends to read and critique.

Even though my name is on the cover, the Niblets had a red pen in hand for the writing as well. And now on Saturday Forever Yours will presented to the public. It's like watching a baby bird take flight for the first time. You watch, you hope and you pray those little wings can carry it skyward.

1 comment:

tammy H. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!