Monday, September 25, 2006

Sometimes I feel like James Bond

Not that I'm licenced to kill.
But I have learned the meaning of the phrase: Never Say Never Again.

Last week I finished my book. Last night I started the research to find an agent. Most want the first ten pages, some even want fifty. I decided to reread the first ten. Choppy, choppy, choppy...

I rewrote them again. So if I emailed you a copy of Forever Yours, swearing it was done... if your not my dear dear printer friend who writes and takes pictures, through both producing works that will knock your socks off, you don't have the latest and greatest.

AND if you want the latest and greastest, send email and I'll send it out, again. I guess these revisions will go on until it hits the shelf. So I'll never say it's done again , until then.

2 comments:

Ms. Zuba said...

Never say "finished!" It will come back to haunt you. We've all been there my dear!
I've published poems and then gone back to them and completely revised them because I just couldn't stand them as they were....

Idiot Cook said...

Playing Devil's Advocate here...

There are many debates on this...sometimes tinkering-to-death can cause damage.

Have you considered investing in a manuscript editor (like, a professional one, not us Nibs). Because the biggest complaint I read on Miss Snark's blog is that pieces aren't ready for structure reasons, not content. And I do believe sometimes we get too close to our pieces to see obvious mistakes (like passive voice, overuse of articles, places where we can prune, etc). I'm not saying that's what is going on with your piece (I haven't had a chance to look at it yet), but hiring a manuscript editor seems as if it may be worth the investment. Check out Absolute Write--I think they have info on this.