Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'm so dizzy. My head is spinning.

When I was growing up there was a popular song with those lyrics. And today, those words ring ever so true.

I just got in from sledding with the little ones. My hair is still wet from the snow, but I had to write.

For the record, I love sledding. However, I'm dizzy because every time I try to play with both little ones, they both whine.

"You let her ride on your sled more."

"I want to be in the middle."

"You don't love me. I know it -- you let her hold onto your sled handle."

"That's the second time she's been at the end of the train. I want the end."

And the crying. I told them we were going to winter in Alaska. "That'll teach you. Crying over nothing will get you frozen eyeballs." It didn't work.

Finally, after 1.5 hours of sledding fun, my head spinning, almost exorcist-style, I called it quits. "I'm in girls."

"Why?" (insert more tears here.)

"My crying quota is full. I need to go... knit." Right after I write all this down. So that the child-free folks that read this blog will know, once again, that they have made the right decision. And those that have children, will come over and partake in the only wining I love.

I'll be skipping the stemware, and drinking from the usual tumbler.

No comments: