Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's all about tomorrow

All year I've been planning the meal for tomorrow, my husband's birthday. For the entire summer I horded the rhubarb harvest to ensure there was enough for his birthday pie. My stash hidden in the freezer under the leftover seeds. I have been eying the last of the venison steaks with visions of candlelight and wine. Soft music playing in the background and a relaxed meal at the table. Tomorrow night I know what we are having for dinner: venison, "old rotten potatoes", salad, and birthday rhubarb pie.

The only problem is I have to come up with something for tonight's dinner before then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He probably does not read this. But here goes....

Happy Birthday Man!

P.H. said...

I'll tell him you send the very best.

Kris said...

Take out!