Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chris Padgett is Coming! Chris Padgett is Coming!

I feel like standing on the roof and screaming. Chris Padgett is coming to our parish, next Fall, December 4th to be exact, to lead the middle school retreat. In the Rock'n Roll world it is like having the Stones play your graduation party.

I first saw Chris at the Middle School Rally last fall. He had the youth mesmerized with his stories. They were up singing and dancing with his songs. And now he is coming to our parish for a day full of community service and worship.

The community service will be filling 100 shopping bags with food for the needy. I can't wait for the youth to give a mountain of can goods away. The worship will be all day. Talks, singing, activities, sharing a meal, Adoration and Mass.

If you aren't in our parish, contact me and I can get you signed up. It is open to all youth, ages 11 to 13, and then some.

No comments: