Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Sometimes it's a do over


It is down to the wire on this stained glass project. Well at least the glass cutting, as there is still foiling and soldering. But the cutting was, is just about over and I wasn't happy with the top line of birds, so this weekend I took it all apart, and redesigned the piece. Before I felt as if I was fighting the tide. The design was rough, and probably not square. Now, ruler in hand, hopefully the progress will go piece by piece smoother.

In addition to cleaner lines, this redesign is giving me the chance to cut outside my usual box. Use different colors for the sky and birds. The rest of the piece is traditional, so I can't step out too far without breaking the over all flow -- but a bit.

I started on the left and move right only when the pieces fit; piece by piece. Calmly, slowly, patiently and it will eventually come together.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

Can't wait to see the finished project!