Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Back to the Banjo again

It has been a very busy spring: work, scouts, church, home, here and there -- crazy. And all through the busy crazy whirlwind of schedule the trusted banjo stood by. A reminder to take the time to pluck away and relax.

Strangely the week before I got my job, Arthur said, "It must be nice not to have to work?" I laughed and replied, "When I start to work, I will have to stop banjo lessons." That next day I got the call for a job. I'll remember that lesson for a longtime, as it was my last lesson, to date.

The job was temporary. It came. I worked. I loved it. It's over; but summer is upon us and with the lovelies home there is no time for lessons until fall.

And now, with work over, and projects finished the call of the banjo is loud and clear. I have been practicing again. And yes it was a bit rusty at first, but I can actually hear progress, which might not be progress for those who don't have an appreciation for banjo music.

It is so good to sit and play an instrument. The mind and fingers get a workout, and there is music made to boot. I can't wait to have the opportunity to play in the still of the morning, as the sun rises over the water... I wonder if the neighbors enjoy the banjo...

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

sounds wonderful.