Saturday, November 12, 2011

Really, I have the best job!

I am happy to report, once again, I love my job. I love hanging out with great people. I love being recognized from 100 feet, or more, away, and hearing that little knock on the 4th floor window of recognition. Someone is looking forward to seeing me. And I am looking forward to seeing them. I love that little smile, as we go out for a walk. I love starting a knitting project, even though my dear new friend says, "I don't knit anymore." Her hands tell me different, for she has great rhythm. I love learning how to sing in Italian, O Marie..., and learning all about town history and the influenza epidemic. I love hearing the old family stories and being invited into other people's lives. I love my job.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy you feel good. It is in our giving of ourselves that we are filled. Amazing the more we give away, the more receive.

Wish everyone else in the world figured this out.

Love you sis. Cannot wait until tomorrow.

Tammy H. said...

New Job?

Patty Hebert said...

Yes. When I returned from World Youth Day in August there was a letter waiting for me stating my job resposibilities had been given to the office admin. On the up side the trustees thanked me for my efforts.

Anonymous said...

I knew you would be perfect for this job! You will be the warm sun in a lot of older peoples' lives!

Patty Hebert said...

When in reality, they are the warm sun in mine.