Thursday, August 28, 2014

I must share....

Being away for away week and then having others in the office taking vacation the next week set back my work load. The result: Mistakes. Nothing huge but everything noticeable. Enough to produce the comment, "Usually your a ballerina around here. Why are you tripping over your feet?"

I felt terrible, depressed. What was going on? Everyone makes mistakes, but these were .... Crazy. Silly. Stupid. Costly.

In clearing up my situation, yes I owned all of it, another AP person for a customer was making a error. I explained her confusion and she apologized. And we moved on. Simply.

So that begs my epiphany. How easy it is to gloss over the mistakes of others, but with ourselves, myself, I come down hard?

The resolution is not found in the question: Do they (whoever they are) love me still?

The question is: Do I LOVE MYSELF?

I realized this driving to work, returning to the lion's den, this morning. After pondering a bit, I had my answer.

Do you have yours?

An aside: wicked awesome bike ride the evening. Kicked out 30 miles with ease. Thank God.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

You are the CEO of Patty, INC.

Treat yourself like the amazing, incredible human being you are.

That's why you have the Chairman's seat.

Go.

Be amazed and amazing.

Patty Hebert said...

Jeff,

At 53 I'm still growing. Thank you for your vote of confidence, wisdom, insight and example.