Friday, June 05, 2015

It's Strange

It's strange, at least to me, to see a picture of myself. I'm always on the other side of the camera and I don't know if I'm really 54 or the constant anxiety filled 30 something that I feel. But here are my bike wife and I at the start of the Brain Tumor Ride.

What do I see? I see I'm in front. She will charge ahead as her adrenalin kicks in, and I'll chase her. But then we relax back into our usual positions. Though sometimes I make her lead.

I see Yoda: the reminder to do not try. My knee is still reminding me that we did it. Hmmmm....

I see my calves. Well trained suggesting we own this ride. Someone should tell my knee...

I see my bike, my therapist, my sole companion.

I see our smiles. Not that we saw the photographer, for I don't remember, but they were obviously there. But we were riding on behalf of our supporters. And in memory of those that won't ever have the chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo capturing the essence of the moment ... and the commitment of 2 great women!

jeff noel said...

Patty, what you are seeing is what everyone sees in you. All the time.
Keep being an example.