Wednesday, June 29, 2016

It's The Same

I spend Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM in an office with no outside time. So early in the morning I ride my bike through areas that have water and fields and hopefully few cars.  

And when I see a roadkill I wonder if kids today, and many adults too, are desensitized to death and killing. That they don't see how precious life is anymore due to video games and media. It's just a frog, a squirrel, a hawk, a robin, a mouse or vole. We pass them by.

In the game, in the movies, death is clean. It's just a character, the enemy, the bad guy, a cartoon, a small trickle of blood. The body remains intact.

I'm tired of reading the bumper sticker Black Lives Matter.  Get real.  All Lives Matter. Yours. Theirs.   Catholic. Muslim.  Young. Old.  Depressed.   Imprisoned.   Holy.  Imfirmed.  Vibrant.  Jewish.   All.



Help me wipe out cancer. http://profile.pmc.org/PH0134
Thank you,
Patty

No comments: