Tuesday, September 05, 2017

The One Night Stand

In a casual discussion I heard myself say, and I quote, "There isn't any wrong with a one night stand as long as it is consensual."  And as soon as these words were out of my mouth I thought, "Boy have I changed."

How?  When? Why?  I thought about as I rode home.  Seriously thought about it until I was faced with dirty dishes, laundry and a dishwasher begging to be emptied.  

I strive to teach my children that family is caring.  Family is working together and pitching in.  For me it's NOT about that task not being mine. AND I won't step through a
mountain of dishes, laundry trash because it's not my job. For me, if the job is there, I'll pitch in. Come help me, I will call out.  Let's tackle this together.  But I am a united front of one. And children learn the path of least resistance.  Napping. Hiding.  Gaming too much; claiming too much school work.  And why not.  The example to ignore the elephants in the room is so blatant.

If there is no commitment to the greater family good, then there is no solidarity. No solidarity, no binding or recognizing any connectivity among partners. No ties.  





Help me wipe out cancer. http://profile.pmc.org/PH0134
Thank you,
Patty

No comments: