Thursday, November 17, 2005

Today I Found Time

Kid-free from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. It was almost too quiet, almost. The house to-do list as long as ever and nagging at me. So what did I do? Whittle away at an odd job or two? Did I find the wood filler and caulking gun and start working on the kitchen trim? No, I read.

Oh I did a bit of food shopping and then made a fantastic batch of lamb curry, but for the rest of the kid-free time I read and worked at pushing back a sizable amount of sitting on my expanding backside guilt. Afterall, I was learning how to write cleaner transitions. Evanovitch is a FANTASTIC author and her transitions are masterful. And like me, she started writing after her kids went back to school. So I feel a kindred spirit when I read her material.

So, at 1:30 when I had to re-enter the real world, I had dinner made, 2 gallons of milk and other food stuff, and an overwhelming sense of wanting to write flawless transitions.

No comments: