Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's time to make the...

Fruitcake.

I know, I know... if you're from the northeast, the last thing you expected me to comeback with was fruitcake. I should have paid homage to D.D. and said donuts. But it's true, in this household, in my kitchen, it is time to make the fruitcakes.

So even before I gave one thought to lunches, or remembered I had three sleepy children to wake, I was piling the dried fuit in the largest covered container I own and pouring on the rum.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the rum part sounds good

Anonymous said...

I have bought fruit cake as gag gifts but I don't think I have ever eaten some. What is it like?

P.H. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
P.H. said...

I think they are delicious. The key is to use dried fruit instead of candied fruit, and to add plenty of rum.

Anonymous said...

Having heard you describe it in gory detail on Thursday night, I would like to try a taste.

P.H. said...

I baked 8 of them yesterday. Let the holiday season begin! (I'll bring some to the Niblets in Dec.)