Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wine and writing

Tomorrow is the deadline for having my book rewritten for "printing". Not publishing mind you. But printing, so that my beloved Nobscot Niblets can each get a personal copy to brutally review. All comments on previous versions have focused on getting to the action sooner. So under the influence of the world's greatest antioxidant... I am attempting to do exactly that.

Editting is a battle between good and evil. It's a relief to rewrite. Almost liberating. But at the same time, I've had a relationship that spans over eight years with many of these words. And to almost steal a phrase, parting is tough.

But the King is waiting for this copy. So I will be tougher, and edit until my fingertips and keyboard are red.

Nibs... after I turn this over to the King, it's in your hands. USE RED INK. Tell me exactly what you think. If I can't trust the world's greatest writing group, who can I trust?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It's a relief to rewrite"?
I hate it.

Steve said...

Looking forward to reading this in full for the first time. I deliberately chose a book for my book group that I've already read, so that I can focus on your novel this month.

My red pen at the ready. I'll be at Xerox printing the copies today.