Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Sad Day

One of the moms at our elementary school passed away suddenly. Today is her service.

All I have been able to think about is the suddenness of this tragedy. Did her husband get a chance to tell her that he loves her? Did she get to tell him the same? I know her son was at school and then with friends afterward. Will he remember her as the fun lovingly and dedicated mom that she was?

I am reminded of the movie the Beautician and the Beast. The King is talking with the Beautician about his late wife and how he misses her laugh. But what is implied is that fact that he took her presence for granted, and then she was gone.

Life's lessons can be so hard.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I heard about this... so sad.

Anonymous said...

I am proud of my very talented and loving daughter. See you tomorrow. I need a new dress??MMM