Friday, March 12, 2010

I Like My Hair Today

I try not to post more than once a day. It takes the pressure off for being witty and overly social and it alleviates any ideas of diarrhea of the mouth (or fingers, since this is typing). But this thought did cross my mind and since I am wired to be critical of my looks, mannerisms, life, accomplishments, children, housecleaning and lack thereof, I thought I should make this post exception.

I like my hair today. Alas.

I used to keep my hair cut very short. Creating a line item in the budget of $20 every 6 or so weeks. I know that isn't much but -- for hair. That requires cutting yet again in another six weeks. It's on the same par of housecleaning -- where I clean today and there will be the same mess tomorrow. So I clean clean and clean and truly never get ahead. Come on over and look. Same mess different day, but I digress.

I haven't had a hair cut in untold months. I can't remember when truly -- and at that cut I said to my friend, the hairstylist, "I want a longer look. So cut it so it can grow out and not make me crazy." She did.

Oh I have had a multitude of bad hair days this winter. Some hat induced, some brought on by the hair and its total lack of styling cooperation. But today -- from the moment I comb it post shower to now, I just thought I would take a more positive spin to this day and mention, "My hair looks nice."

If you are a person, like me, who is resolutely dissatisfied with yourself for some underlying reason or set of reasons, can you find something to compliment today?

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

Glad to hear that you are happy with your hair. I have those days, where just the smallest thing can change the day. Good for you...enjoy!