Friday, June 10, 2011

Really, it's your best feature?

On a recent trip to the mall I laid down the rules to the teen tribe. Stick together. Stick together. Call me every 30 minutes. (I would be in the mall.) Stick together and no going into the stores that displayed mannequins adorned in nothing more than panties. The girls giggled.

Looking them in the eyes, I said, "I mean it. If I see you in those stores; we're leaving."
Silence, until my own had the courage to ask why.

And this was my answer:

"The other day I saw a woman wearing a pair of hip hugger, very low cut pants. Clearly visible above the belt line and below her cropped shirt, was the waist band and more of her bright red thong. Advertisement. Look Here.

I wanted to go up to her and say, "Is that all you are good for? Really? Is your sexuality the best it gets for you? No brain? No compassion? No common sense or allegiance? Is it all about your panties?

Ladies, you are more than your underwear. And shopping in store that sells women as sexual objects, degrades you and every other woman in this world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom is that you? Being the Cather of two girls, husband of one wife ( could not handle if I had more) I would have to agree with your comments. I would not want my daughters dressed like that. However, we live in a free society so you can spread the word and your ideas in your fashion and she can wear her's on her fashion. The cost of freedom is expensive in many ways.
Love you bro

Patty Hebert said...

Call me old.

Anonymous said...

You not old....you just know respect for yourself has to start with yourself!!! The crack is not impressive---God did not create you to sell yourself short...take the time for find who you are-you might be surprised..love,Mom