Thursday, February 09, 2012

I'm Listening


It's not a life or death situation, but still I'm having sleepless nights. I'm coming up to a fork in the road. Do I stay with the joy (job) I enjoy, though not lucrative by any stretch of the dollar, or do I return to my field and a real salary? How lucky am I to be presented with this chance to chose. But what about my customers who tell me everyday they love me, and thank God for the day I walked into their home.

Yesterday I sorted shoes. Not difficult. Keep these. Toss those out. The thanks for cleaning out a closet and dusting off a shelf nearly curled my ever straight hair. I remind my client, this is my job. I'm suppose to help you. But still the praise rains down.

And all the time I wonder what am I suppose to do? Walk away? Stay?

Pray. In a week's time all should be resolved.

3 comments:

jeff noel said...

Patty, ancient tribes were facd with similar choice...stay were they have set up their village or migrate to better hunting/fishing grounds.

If I were in your situation, it seems these two thoughts would be a great place to start.

If it's a matter of "survival" you ought to consider that.

if it's comfort, joy, prestige, ego, or maybe a bigger way to serve, you ought to consider that.

Prayers for the wisdom to make a choice that will bring you peace and contentment.

Patty Hebert said...

Not an issue of ego, or prestige in my current job. It's the question of service and seeing my clients smile and laugh that keep me rooted. I'm finding it difficult to turn my back on people in need. People who are now comfortable with me in their homes. That level of trust is not disposable.

Unknown said...

It's a hard decision to make, but follow your heart, the answer will come to you.