Monday, November 19, 2012

Don't Get Mad. Get Glad.

Found out yesterday that the 30 hour famine is being postponed until Martin Luther King weekend. I got mad. For more than a month our Thanksgiving planning has had this important community service project earmarked for Friday and Saturday.

I was irritable. My daughter would be disappointed. She has been fundraising and really preparing for this event, her first famine. What about all the donations already collected? People's checks being held for months... The old jingle: Don't Get Mad. Get Glad. kept repeating like a marque across my brain. That little voice whispered it in my ear.

While out running an errand with my husband I admitted I was stuck in a funk. (Like he couldn't tell...) Admitted I knew better. But knowing and doing are two different things. I also mentioned that I wanted to, somehow during our Sunday, visit my clients.

His solution was to go out of our way to drop me off at their house while he did one more quick errand. He would do that? ... Thirty two minutes later, two very happy clients later, one more at peace me, and I could only be Glad.

And what of the collected donations? We will send them to World Vision with a note that they are for a future event. No problem.

Today I'm thankful for my husband's quick mind.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

The transformation that God allows is always there, we need only but ask. Well done good and faithful servant. Happy Thanksgiving. Best to Chris.

Patty Hebert said...

Thanks Jeff. Blessings to you and your family.