Monday, January 07, 2013

Running saved her life

Asthma is very serious business. And for my oldest sneaky as well. And if it were not for her running this latest attack, the first in 15 years, (hence the sneaky), as her doctor stated,"She would have been in grave danger." I sincerely believe she would have died.

Thankfully her robust lung, and I mean lung, capacity from years of running, she was able to weather the storm of breathlessness until getting to a clinic several hours later.

She is past the apparent danger zone.
We have identified the trigger.
We pray she is never tested this away again.

We should all have some exercise in our lives.
For some, like my daughter, it could save their lives.

Run baby girl, run forever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. Scary stuff, especially when you also have a child with asthma. Prayers for a speedy recovery and to indeed never be tested that way again.

Patty Hebert said...

Thanks Tammy. She should be as good as new in a few weeks. Thank God.

jeff noel said...

Another great reason (like we need any more than already exist) why integrating exercise (movement, activity) into our lives should last as long as we have breath in our lungs.

God's amazing Grace at work in Maria's defense system.

Be well and remain amazed.

Enjoy the low-tech experiment while it lasts.

Patty Hebert said...

Thanks Jeff. I lost track of the times I reached for my phone to make that quick call. And I had to call Maria from our house phone, and not text, to find out how she is doing.

She was fine and quite surprised by my call. I told her it was my last resort, next to posting a letter. But her snail mail address is... You got it... On my phone.

jeff noel said...

:)