Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Client First, Friend Always

My dear friend upon hearing of a struggle or upcoming event always offered to say a Mass. Unable to leave her home, she would watch the Mass on TV and offer up her prayers. She was the perfect of example of the woman who gave her last bit of treasure to God.

How do you meet someone so remarkable? Someone who cannot leave their home without assistance? Why you care for them. I was blessed to be her caregiver three times a week, for two hours. My biggest responsibility, the task she looked forward the most, was for me to sit with her and talk.

Florence, my dear friend, you may not be walking this Earth anymore, but dear one, please continue to pray for us. You are missed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Death is such a scarey topic. What to say, how to say it. Maybe that is why I usually just shut my mouth, nod my head and give someone a hug. But for you, I am willing to try something new.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know your 'friends' mean everything to you. You are a special breed. She was blessed to have you as a friend and now, she is in heaven blessing you as she talks to her friends about another special friend down on earth.

Patty Hebert said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Amen ... could not have been expressed any more eloquently. Patty, you ARE very special and are a blessing to all with whom you come in contact. We are blessed to share the same family.

Patty Hebert said...

Thank you.