Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bad day. Bad day. What ya goin' do...

I felt like death warmed over.
Checks and balances, fail safes, procedures and protocols, all put in place to stop mistakes from propagating. Friday, at work, I inadvertently made two beauties. Today while going through our internal check system, the procedure to control errors, I discovered them...

What do you do? What did I do? Painfully owned them. "Yeah, it was me." There was not happiness and joy in the office.

Was money or business lost? No. The system caught it. But the mistakes shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Lessons learned. Oh yes. Procedures bolstered. Oh yes.

Tomorrow is another day. Thank God.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

God is great like that... the gift of a brand new day.

Patty Hebert said...

Ah yes.... Thank God.