Tuesday, January 07, 2014

At work yesterday

My coworker sent home sick.
Tons of work for the boss and me.
In a lull at the end of the day I picked up a small project to fill in the time.
The analogy was made that the boss was the captain of the sinking Titanic and I was below unclogging toilets.

And though I laughed and saw his point, and knew what he meant... I pointed out that I had already gotten all my people safely to the life boats and was working back up support the best way I knew how. After all I was hired to unclog the toilets.

I wonder what analogies I'll hear today. Work, I learn so much every single day.

1 comment:

jeff noel said...

Patty, something magical happens when we refuse to be anybody but our best self each and every day. Month after month. Year after year. Perhaps decade after decade.

We become the change.

We create ripples.

Our Father will someday say to us, well done.