Wednesday, January 15, 2014

That which doesn't kill us...

Makes us stronger. I never truly understood that quote until this week. For the past two days, and it will continue for today, I've been doing my boss' job. Doing none of the work I was hired to do and doing his general work from his space. It's been interesting, frustrating, eye opening, enjoyable, and loathsome. Crazy. A tight learning curve of thinking on your feet. Worst part: Trying to get a truck loaded without a pick up number.... Don't ask. I now completely understand why he uses a headset phone. Best parts: Talking and negotiating with many wonderful people. Have I made mistakes... Oh yeah...

And I will admit to being very nervous about this experiment but it's been a good experience. And perhaps I am stronger.

3 comments:

jeff noel said...

To walk in another's shoes. What a gift.

jeff noel said...

To walk in another's shoes. What a gift.

Patty Hebert said...

It was tough to switch back to my own shoes yesterday. But somebody has to pay the bills :-)