Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Years Resolutions

Don't you just hate them! In a somewhat drunken stupper everyone promises to by kinder, exercise more, work harder, or work less, or work towards world peace, not litter, not swear. I could go on forever.

My resolution was to write an essay a week, and submit it some place. And to resume working on my book. So far I have been working on an essay for the Erma Bombeck Essay contest, but there has been no book work yet. I can feel it coming on. It feels like gas rumbling through my intestines. Is that a good thing?

Anyway, if I'm not blogging it doesn't mean I've fallen and I can't type. It means I am trying to stick to my resolution and working on the rewrite and submitting essays.

Actually I am looking forward to getting back to my book. I miss Sarah and Molly and Martha and Charles. They're all good people and we are well overdue for a visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

go for it, PtCakes!

My BackYard

Idiot Cook said...

Agreed...

BUT...don't beat yourself up too much if you don't get complete an essay (that's a big task, really, when you think about it). I believe the rule with New Year's Resolutions is that you're allowed to refine resolutions throughout the month of January. Perhaps an essay every other week...or even once a month (think about that...that's 12 polished essays a year...ON TOP of REVISING and SUBMITTING your book...which requires research and book proposals).

But I'll support you either way! :)