Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Inquiring Minds.... Do You Want to Know?

I know, I know, you've been checking this blog hourly just to see if I'd come up with some stellar entry. A topic that would get me sitting down and writing. And I did. But it's not here; sorry. I wrote an essay on Maple Sugaring. Big surprise, huh! And it's already emailed off. I'm hoping the publishing gods shine upon me. I keep sending good thoughts to the editor. "Check your email. Read and love that essay. Submit it for a Pulitzer Prize!" Okay maybe that last wave of good thoughts is a bit much. But you can't blame a writer for trying.

Also more good news. (Can you stand it?) I'm on page 104 out of 170 in the rewrite. The end isn't quite in sight. I know the last several, as in more than a few, chapters were rushed in the first draft. But I feel it's right around the corner. Then again, I reread the first page of the second draft -- and I hate it again.

When I finish, it will be right back to the drawing board.

And last but not least, we have about 18 gallons of sap for the boil.

2 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

You're on fire, PtCakes...and look at this: you've been awfully good at keeping your New Year's resolutions, too.

Keep writing!!! I finished chapters 1-8 and have comments (on paper...hard copy...I'll give 'em to you this weekend...I think we're doing 4:00?) Resend your rewrite from that point on, and I'll read that, too.

Keep writing!

(My word verification was "oakoek"--ha!)

Anonymous said...

p. 104?
Wow, great progress! I'm impressed by your discipline.