Monday, January 22, 2007

Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines

We don't need no stinking deadlines!

Well, we do. Or should I say, whether I need them or not, I have deadlines. One is a Niblet deadline. Two, three and four are one school and two church related, and they will get resolved with time. But it's the writing one that has kept me away from the blogging world. A week from this past Sunday -- in six days -- I have to put forth something for my writing group to lovingly rip apart. Two thousand words... not a epic endevour; but it should have a plot, beginning, middle and an end. I didn't think I was asking for too much, until I sat down to write and was met with nothing, nada, zilch and zero in the thought process column.

I usually write young adult or personal essay stuff. I wanted something different, a twist on the old standbys. You know give them something to talk about. Nothing... And that wouldn't be so novel, so it was back to the mental drawing board.

As of this morning, I have a kernel of a thought. And it had expanded enough that I've been typing, but it's still so incomplete that I fear it will be no more than an old maid when I flesh it out. So.... (GET IT -- Niblets, kernel, old maid -- corny humor... I'm grasping here.)

No Blogging until I get this done. Hum.... I wonder if I should hold off knitting too. No, that would be cruel and unusual punishment.

All the best,

ptcakes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Something will come to you.

Steve said...

Two words of advice: Avoid Probation!

You don't want the Nylaw Bazi on your case.

P.H. said...

So far, I have 1024 words worth of "Stay Out of Probation" power. No story line, but a word count just the same.

Idiot Cook said...

Hey, 1024 words is nothing to sneeze at. In fact, that's pretty darn good for someone who said she was staring at a blank page. Keep going...

Anonymous said...

What's this probation that people keep talking about? :)