Thursday, April 07, 2011

An Odd Sort of Laying on of Hands


The other day at work, my co-worker was sorting through her own flavor of data; trying to create a report. Frustrated with having limited luck, she asked if I could take a look.

Even though I don't use her application, I offered to take a feel at her keyboard. Perplexed she vacated her seat, and as I slid into computer ready position, I told her -- to get a hold of the situation, I need to touch the keys. Sitting there, I suspected there might be a way to sort her data by field type and sure enough there is.

Two or three quick key strokes and her report was laid out before her.

Isn't it weird?

Fun Future Fact: My daughter will be attending WPI in the Fall. All donations gratefully accepted.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

Amazing what a fresh set of eyes can do sometimes.

Tammy H. said...

The magical touch of another look always amazes me.