Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yesterday

Lately, I seem to spend a lot of blog space writing about what happened yesterday. Well today, is no exception, as yesterday was a day full of surprises, starting with an ill child and ending with a reenactment commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the start of the Civil War.

Before rising in the morning I asked for a quieter less hectic day; and I got it... (I really must be careful what I ask for.) The ailment didn't last past second period, so off to school my taxi ran. Walking in the now tardy one, with the explanation, "She's feeling better now, and asked to go to school." Really, she wanted to be there.

Stain glass was my day and my evening was a Civil War Reenactment 2 miles from the house. The little one and I represented our Scout troop. We learned about battle tactics, weaponry, the role of women in the Civil War, about their food, their encampments, and camp entertainment. In a solemn ceremony, the Scouts, both Boy and Girl, read off the names of the 50 Civil War veterans that were from Framingham.

One little scout, who paid attention and was then able to answer a question directed to her by a soldier, might be their newest recruit. Education at it's finest.

Ohhh, and yesterday my Wolf stove died. Not particularly happy about that one... for I'm cooking Easter.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

A day in the life of.
Moments (lots of them) that make us wealthy.

Tammy H. said...

Sounds like one of my days -- I have cooked my Easter ham on the grill -- FYI.