Thursday, January 19, 2012

50 First...

Did you ever hear of the movie 50 First Dates? I love it. It's about a man who falls in love with a woman whose short term memory is erased during the night, ie when she is sleeping. Each morning, when she awakes, she automatically thinks it's the morning of the day she was involved in a serious car accident.

My joy (job) is like that. But for me it's 50 First Moments. For we have the same conversation over the course of the morning. And it's fine. It's light. It's fun. It doesn't get better.

And I wonder why... Because if my children asked me 50 times in a the course of two hours if they could watch TV, or eat ice cream for breakfast, and my answer was always the same, "No," I fear I would lose my patience.

I am learning so much from the people I interact with daily. And perhaps it all has to do with repetition.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

Patty, God bless you for the work you are doing. nd what an interesting blessing God has placed (rewarded you with?) before you.

jeff noel said...

Patty, God bless you for the work you are doing. nd what an interesting blessing God has placed (rewarded you with?) before you.