Friday, January 06, 2012

Backstage Magic

In October of 2010 we did a behind the scenes tour of all four of the Walt Disney World parks. I love finding out how things work, and the tour gave a glimpse of the Disney Magic. But the big take home message is, with regard to welcoming guests into the parks: The last person you wave to deserves the same smile and enthusiasm which was extended to the first person. Yes 2, 3, 4, or 8 hours later -- that same smile and glee. Your best all the time.

Today I start with a new client after my usual lovely morning shift. It's easy to be bright and up for 2.5 hours each weekday morning. Now, with that backstage message in mind, my second shift deserves the same as my first.

I can't walk into their home and say, "Boy am I beat. Hope you don't mind if I sit this shift out with my feet up." They have been waiting for me to arrive to help them, not the other way around.

They deserve the same magic. And they shall have it.

jeff noel: Do you remember that tour?

Tea Bag Tag: Delight the world with compassion, kindness, and grace.