Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I love rewriting

FINALLY, I am back at my book again. It's a blessing and a gift to be rewriting. Will I feel this way in a year or two when I'm still rewriting? Only time will tell. I love asking these questions:

What am I really trying to say here?
What is really going on?
Is this really what my characters are feeling?
Do they really talk like this?
Do I really feel their emotions?

I love slipping out of ptcakes and into my characters. And I really hope they don't use the word really as much as I really do.

I think I'll do a search on really, count them up and delete them all. Really, I will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read you feeling like yourself again.

Good luck with your rewriting!

Idiot Cook said...

Yeah, "really" is a crutch word of mine as well.

WHEN DO I GET TO SEE THE REWRITE???

Anonymous said...

I'm really into "really" myself.

P.H. said...

Really, and guess what -- so far on page 69 out of 176 I've only found one really I the whole book. Really!