Friday, April 28, 2006

I am only ONE woman

And I give up.

As I was raking the lawn yesterday I realized that I wasn't cooking dinner. Rake in hand, not hot pad or measuring cup, it dawned on me that when the kiddies and papa came home they would look at me with helpless puppy dog eyes and ask, "What's for dinner?" At this point in time I could offer them 6 bags of yard waste, nothing more.

My life would be worthless. They would question my very right to breathe, for dinner was not waiting for them. Forget the fact that my back was killing me and I couldn't (and still can't) turn my head to the right without my neck muscles complaining adamantly (I've always wanted to use that word.).

The to-do list is endless... or in other words when I get to the end, I will be listless. <-- Is this really a word?

-- finish reupholstering the remaining 2 kitchen chairs
-- paint the kitchen
-- paint the stair trim
-- touch up the paint in the bathroom and mudroom
-- tile behind the stove. (NEVERMIND that -- pick out the tile for behind the stove. Now that would be a good first step.)
-- insulate the downstairs room (HA! I have to wait for the electrician and plumber... ah.. I can let this sit a bit)
-- weed the gardens (A landscaping team would take years just on this one task.)
-- plant the veggie garden
-- plant the apple trees
-- finish your book (Like this will happen)
-- feed the frogs and one remaining tadpole. YES, we have three frogs now and a bull frog tadpole with huge thighs. One frog must have a mental complication. Just looking into the tank causes him to hop, smashing into the glass nose first. His actions kind of remind me of what it's like to be a parent. (Did I write that???)

And when I'm busy chipping away on this list, who's going to cook, do laundry, and clean?

Who will be eating the bonbons?

Life is way too complicated.

2 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

PtCakes, this is Ursula talking--you MUST put your book closer to the top of the list--that's an order! :)

Anonymous said...

hang in there!