Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Just Because There Is Nothing Written on the Calendar...

does not mean I can run a marathon. Nor can I update a website, swim the harbor, cut felt pieces, or build a playground.

This Winter/Spring we've been hit by more than our share of illness. We're still recovering from the last bout. Scratch that, I'm still recovering. But with the help of the feverish haze I discovered that I let the calendar run my life. I realize that just because there is nothing is recorded as happening every single hour of every single day, my life is still very full, and I should say NO when asked to take on more social responsibilities.

So to this end I'm going to make a list of everything I am currently involved with and then I'm going to downsize. Resign from some, "just say no" to added responsibilities with others.

I'm not super woman.

2 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Good for you! My mom said she was proud of you this morning for saying no to Ms. Evans. :)

You need to put your book at the top of your list.

BTW--my mother is WAY biased about my stuff, so she's not a good judge of my thing.

Anonymous said...

Good idea to say no. Keep it up!