Saturday, May 13, 2006

COMPUTER WOE! is me

Last night my trusty desktop was running a tad slow, so I figured a reboot would clear the cobwebs. Well... if I had to guess the master boot sector on the hard drive got corrupted, because it starts the reboot and then starts again.

Do I have back ups? NO!

So, KV and MBY you have the ONLY electronic copies of my book. Please save it to a CD, please oh please. I have the draft one set of revisions ago, and I have a hard copy of the revisions, but it's not the same. Oh no, you're going to go stand on the street corner whispering, "Anyone want to but a book?"

And of course, I don't have a backup of my photography either. Sorry BigMama.

We have recovered from this situation before, so I'm not panicked, yet.

Thank GOD, my dear husband is well versed in these things. Then again I used to do help desk support 2 children ago.

3 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Eh gad. And mercury isn't even in retrograde.

After you get through this, I HIGHLY recommend that you use the backup service I use--it's called "Connected" (http://www.connected.com)

I hope everything works out.

Anonymous said...

I will email you the ms and cc to my gmail account, so it'll be preserved in cyberspace

Steve said...

That stinks! I lost about five years of stuff (some good, mostly crap) when my PC crashed a couple of years ago. Been backing up religiously ever since.

I've saved the file to CD. Will bring to the next meeting.