Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Let the fighting begin

This morning started off peaceful. I read my email in peace. Checked my neighborhood of blogs in peace. I even showered in peace. And then the little ones woke up. From what I could gather they weren't even fully awake before they started in.

Was it fighting? It sounded more like two cats yowling at eachother. Something about I want to wear your shirt even though it's not mine... or something.

I'm not not moved to intervene, hoping there hasn't been any bloodshed.

(Is there a book here... Mornings, early or otherwise, with the Children. It would be a year long series of essays. Of course it would be humor. Why else are moms drawn to tears?)

4 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Did you ever resd "Operating Instructions" by Ann Lamott? If not, READ IT. It's hysterical. She chronicles (in diary format) the first year of her son's life. Perhaps you could take notes on the daily morning antics of your kids and turn it into a "Mornings with Kids" sort of book. I believe the parenting market is quite huge and healthy--i.e. there's probably a market for something like this.

Anonymous said...

You've definitely got more essays in your kids. You're so lucky to have them! Other people have to resort to squirrels and birds.

P.H. said...

Thick into day two of full day with my tiny world dominator I'm thinking just how cute squirrels and birds are.

Anonymous said...

"World dominator"?
They sound so cute when I'm not their parent.