Friday, May 26, 2006

Finally, I guide I can relate to.

BigMama lent me the most wonderful book on playdates and childrearing. It's "The Three-Martini Playdate" by Christie Mellor. On page 37 it has the recipe for a great martini.

Now, this is my type of parenting guide.

Truly it is. So far I have learned that:

1. Children don't have to monopolize each and every adult conversation that exists on this planet. (Now if only my children would learn this.)

2. It's OKAY to say NO to your children. (Good thing, I've been doing this for years.)

3. It's OKAY to have an adult only party, where the children are safely tucked into their beds. (This would be an evening get together, not a 24 hour all day affair type of thing.)

Can't wait to get back to into it. The martini recipe caused a pause in my reading...

No comments: