Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Still writing, but

All I want to do is read my book. I know that sounds stuck up and pompous, but I love rediscovering the twists and turns. I love figuring out what I can do to sharpen the plot. So that others can say, "I should have seen this coming..." but they didn't see it.

I set for myself the goal of 3 chapter summaries a day. I'm on 24 and there are 40 chapters in the book. If I do more... so be it, but I must finish this task and three a day will allow time for life and reading and tightening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work!

No more painting 'til you're done.

Steve said...

Rediscovering twists and turns? At this point you should have it memorized!

I admire your ability to strive to make your book the best it can be.

P.H. said...

I have the basic plot memorized, but there are subtile things like a phrase that both the Caretaker (Charles) says and that Sarah reads in Martha's journal. And how the Caretaker's visits get more detailed as the book progresses.