Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Why is it?

Why is it only at the end of a vacation that I truly get a sense of where I have been?

The eldest is training for the fall soccer season. Everyday, rain or shine, it's out for a run. With the goal being three miles in less than 28 minutes. (goal obtained -- goal beaten) So whether we're home, or on the road, there is the early morning stint of hitting the pavement.

While on vacation we had the pleasure of padding around Prospect Lake. In full view of Pike's Peak and The Garden of the Gods. The early morning air was blessedly crisp. The path crowded with over friendly auburn squirrels, Canada Geese and a multitude of nameless ducks.

Our last day, and our last session at the lake, I took a good long look around and then pictured the track at the local school back home. And as wonderful as it is to have a convenient place to exercise, I know I will miss gazing upon these sun-kissed peaks.

No comments: