Monday, May 05, 2008

Digging Out

I've been trying to get my life in order. Focusing on finishing my own projects, as well as helping the little one's with their school projects. Their projects done, I now have half finished curtains for our room, a half finished embroidered Disney canvas bag, half finished cross stitch and 2 pair of pants with their zippers pulled out waiting for me to get to the store to buy replacements. There is a third pair of pants with a busted zipper, but with my back I can't pull hard enough on the stitches to get it out. And let's not forget the new light for the upstairs bathroom, that is waiting in the living room, and the gallon of paint for the same room. That's been down in the cellar for almost a year now. The gardens aren't turned over, and the house is a mess because I've been focused on the curtains, and getting the fish tank back in order.

The fish tank is another story. While we were vacationing, our automatic feeder, overfed the tank, clouding the water. So I've been vacuuming the gravel, adding water clarifier, and changing the filter. Meanwhile Pleco, has been getting himself a swimming start and then launching himself out of the tank and on to the kitchen floor. I tried putting foil over the top and he jumped with so much force he knock the foil off. So the tank now has a glass cover. The water is clearing up, but after this ordeal, it's probably better to just skip vacations all together.

And while I'm at it: Don't forget we are selling Mary Kay -- great for Mother's Day and beyond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it all. Maybe YOU should ride the ponies on the appointed day.