Sunday, November 16, 2008

FAMILY DO NOT FEAR

The Whiskey Sour Punch is made and maturing in the freezer.

One morning this past week I woke up in a panic. Uncle Mike generally mixes the punch for Thanksgiving, and Uncle Mike won't be with us this year. And even worse, I didn't have the recipe. But uncles come through, and of course, pass on the family recipe.

In all my life of 48 years I cannot recall a Thanksgiving without Whiskey Sour Punch. One year Nana used some Wild Turkey. It had been a Christmas present to my Grampa from one of his business associates. That was some smooth punch. This punch won't be quite as smooth, but it should be good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a punch bowl? Remember your aunt's bridal shower?

Love, Mom

Kris said...

Ids this a family exclusive recipe or can you share? Sounds yummy.