Saturday, November 08, 2008

The Power of 3

Lately we've been watching Charmed, a TV show that I didn't even knew existed when it was originally aired sometime back when. The show is about sister witches that vanquished evil while facing their own personal dilemmas. It's cute. It's light. I wish I had their house, their cars, one of their size 0 bodies for my own shape... but I digress...

In each episode it takes the power of all three sisters to rid the world of the evil du jour. In some shows, one of the ladies gives it a go on her own, but in the end all three must band together to get the job done. For me, all the while we've been watching the series I'm knitting a baby blanket that our Crafters for Christ knitting group will donate to an area neonatal ward. There is no set pattern for the blanket. The only criteria are that it be 15 inches wide, 22 inches long and be made up of a pattern of three stitches to represent the Power of Three: The Holy Trinity. In a real sense these little blankets are prayer shawls for these tiny souls. So my pattern is a very simple one. Cast on 75 stitches. Work each row in the repeating pattern of knit 3, purl 3. Twenty two inches later bind off and then encircle the piece in 3 rows of single crochet.

During last night's TV watching session I finished the knitting part and I am now doing a single crochet boarder. Imaging that each row is a warming embrace from the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The true Power of Three.

No comments: