Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm not looking for lawn perfection

Each spring I treat our yard with grubx, fertilizer, and crab grass killer. (Ah yes let the children play...) And before each season I read the directions, set the spreader to the correct numbers and walk the lawn. Each season I follow the instructions to not rake the lawn after application or the crabgrass no grow barrier will be broken. But I ask the question: Who will tell the squirrels?

We have a population of fluffy grays that make it their daily business to check under every grass blade for something tasty to eat. I have thought about posting signing suggesting they dig elsewhere. But I doubt they will be deterred. In the meantime I think it is safe to say that the crab grass no grow barrier has been compromised.

I guess I should look at the bright side: If they are feasting on grubs or other root destroying larva I should be thankful. Otherwise, next year I would be reseeding as well.

1 comment:

my backyard said...

Sorry about my disruptive squirrel friends!