Tuesday, November 23, 2010

If Traveling With Small Children

My Mommy Mantra: I love you more than life itself.

Until recently, it never made sense to me, how a parent could put the oxygen mask on themselves before assisting their children. After all aren't our children the center of our world? Aren't they always first, front and center; especially in dire emergency situations.

Maybe there is another way to look at it...

Maybe by taking care of ourselves, we insure we are there for the little ones we love. When the calendar closes in, make room for me time.

3 comments:

Tammy H. said...

I wholeheartedly agree and have to keep reminding myself.

jeff noel said...

Even Jesus retreated to the wilderness for "me" time.

P.H. said...

Showing us all just how important it is to rest.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!