Saturday, January 08, 2011

My Neglected Camera

I haven't shot one picture since New Years and I'm feeling a bit of withdrawal. I know it's crazy. After all it's just a camera. But there was a time in my life that I thought I was going to have it surgically attached to my right hand; just for convenience. Instead it sits, at the ready, on my desk, next to this computer; which is always at the ready as well.

I know life isn't black and white, but lately, I like to shot it that way. Maybe, it's not all about the black or white extremes, but in the multitude of shades of gray in between.

Philip Gura, co-author of America’s Instrument: The Banjo in the Nineteenth Century said, "You can't help but smile when you hear a banjo." I think it's, "I can't help but smile when I play the banjo."


Just a few black and white shots before going to bed.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

Great post. Even cooler pics.

P.H. said...

Thanks. They combine two passions: Photography and the banjo. :-)