Thursday, January 20, 2011

Who Are You?

Yesterday's question of the day: Who are you? And I thank blogger friend, David Balentine, for answering this question with hope.

Yesterday started off with a stomach punch. Splashed across the news was the story of another blogger, who allegedly wrote that it was not okay to shot innocent people, but it was okay to target politicians and their staff. And what was so shocking is at one point in my life, our professional and social paths crossed. Years ago, I knew this person -- on the news. So upset, I had to fight the urge to keep my children home and have us never go out. My day filled with the questions, "Who are you?" Do we really know each other? Coworkers? Office mates? Next cube neighbors? Acquaintances? Really -- to think that violence and killing are okay? And to write that it is okay? Really?

My thoughts and conversations were consumed -- at work, in email, at the dentist, at home, until, David, a Retail Manager in the the Atlanta area, and blogger -- answered yesterday's question, Who Are You? superbly. And so much so, I wanted to share it here.

David is All About The Customer, and offering the best service to his customers. Through his blog he delivers business sense and strategies, but I find that his posts are applicable to a mom's life. For in living, we are all in the business of customer support to those around us. And his closing line from yesterday:

Live to serve. Humbly. 100% of the time. Make it who you are.

Thank you, David.

1 comment:

David Balentine said...

I am sorry for not seeing this sooner.

I am honored. And humbled.

Now inspired.

david